(version of code does not need to be a debug built)
- Install Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor(MSVSMON) in the remote host (server) – recommend to install as a windows application and make sure MSVSMON is listening for connections
- Start Visual Studio and pull up source code for the relevant application - if you try to add break points to irrelevant code, break points will not be reached.
- From main menu select -> Debug >> Attach to Process
For the Qualifier use domain\user.name@machinename (Ex CSG\Charith.Gunasekara@CSG-UATWebTest) and refresh process list
- Select required process from the (in this case asp.net work process(aspnet_wp.exe))
Try inserting couple of breakpoints to the source code and browse the website.
- This is useful if you cant replicate errors in local machine while investigating exceptions